Friday, November 8, 2013

Sneak Peek to "The Vessel: My Process on the Potter's Wheel"


Preface

In the Bible, specifically Revelation 12:11, it proclaims that the Accuser of the brethren, Satan, has been “overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of [a people’s] testimony.” This is a promise from God that boldly declares that Satan no longer has power over those who believe. Through and because of Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross, we can live as overcomers. Most Christians grasp the first part of this verse, but as a fallen people, most don’t want to be reminded of a sinful past, let alone tell others about it. But it is the Blood of Jesus AND our testimony that puts the enemy right where he belongs- under our feet, and not the other way around! For the past three years, the Lord has been stirring my heart to release the word of my testimony. The enemy has tried to keep me in shame of my story and silence my voice for too long and I believe with all that is within me that now is the time for me to testify for my Lord Jesus! Every single story that tells of God’s marvelous transforming power in our life deserves to be shared because He is forever worthy of all of the glory that story brings!

I am about to share mine with you. In recounting my story, I have searched my heart, my memory, and my journal the best that I can, and relied on the Holy Spirit to do the rest. I have chosen to remain very open and honest as write the words in this book. Although this is my personal story, many people have contributed to the events that have taken place on my journey. I have avoided using names where doing so might cause someone hurt or embarrassment and that is not my intention whatsoever. My hope is that King Jesus would receive His glory and touch your heart as you see a life delivered from the power of darkness and translated into His Kingdom.

 There were many, many, many times when I tried with all of my might to take the pen out of God’s hand to write out my own story, but I am here today to tell you that there came a day when I surrendered that pen and my whole life and gave it to the rightful owner, Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith. The surrender of my own will and submission to the Lord did not happen overnight. It was a process that I had to be willing to endure no matter what the cost. There was so much in my heart that the Lord had to pull out that He never intended for me to live with. As each page unfolds, you will discover how God transformed me from hardened, marred clay stuck in a deep pit of the filth of life and sin and molded me into a beautiful vessel of honor for Him to flow through and use for His plan and glory. I boast of this transformation not because I am good, but because He is! He redeemed my soul and miraculously changed me from the inside out. I write all of this only to tell you He will do it for you, if you just learn to yield your life to Him. Surrender it all over to Him and let the great Potter mold you into a vessel that seems best to Him!

No comments: